On April 1, 2014, Dyson Inc., of Chicago issued a recall of about 338,000 of its portable electric heaters in the U.S. and about 43,000 in Canada. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, “the heaters can develop an electrical short and overheat, posing a fire hazard to the consumer.”
Recalled Dyson Portable Electric Heater Information:
- Product Name: Dyson Hot heaters and Dyson Hot+Cool heaters
- Importer: Dyson Inc., of Chicago
- Manufactured in: Malaysia
- Units: About 338,000 in the U.S. and about 43,000 in Canada
- Places Sold:
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Other retailers nationwide
- Online at Abt.com, Amazon.com, Dyson.com, Groupon.com, HSN.com, QVC.com and Walmart.com
- Dates Sold: From September 2011 to March 2014
- Price of Product: About $399
Click to view pictures of the recalled portable electric heaters.
Injuries and Incidents To Date:
- There have been 82 incidents of the recalled heaters short-circuiting and overheating that Dyson is aware of.
- There are four reports of heaters with burned or melted internal parts that Dyson is aware of.
- There have been no reports of injuries or property damage
If you have purchased the recalled Dyson heaters, you should immediately stop using them. Furthermore, you should contact Dyson for a free repair.
For information on the recall, consumers can contact Dyson toll-free at (866) 297-5303. Consumers may also contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Hotline by calling (800) 638-2772.
Have You Suffered Injuries Due To A Faulty Electric Heater? Speak To A Products Liability Attorney Today!
If you have become injured as a result of these recalled Dyson portable electric heaters, you may have a valid legal claim. Here at LawInfo.com, we have experienced attorneys specializing in products liability cases who can help review your case and inform you of your legal rights.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws