Mesothelioma is a form of cancer. Mesothelioma comes in many forms and is usually caused by exposure to asbestos.
Below are helpful 3 important things you need to know about mesothelioma:
1. Mesothelioma Comes In Different Forms
Mesothelioma can come in many different forms depending on the part of the human body it develops in. The most common types are peritoneum, plurea, and pericardium. Each of these types will be discussed in more detail.
- Pleural Mesothelioma (Mesothelioma in the lungs): Pleural Mesothelioma accounts for nearly 80% - 90% of all Mesothelioma cases. It is usually caused by exposure to airborne asbestos fibers. Symptoms of Pleural Mesothelioma include fluid buildup in chest or abdominal area, difficulty swallowing, and coughing up blood.
- Peritoneal Mesothelioma (Mesothelioma in the abdomen): Peritoneal mesothelioma accounts for about 10% - 20% of all Mesothelioma cases. It is usually caused by exposure to asbestos. Symptoms of Peritoneal Mesothelioma include abdominal pains and weaknesses, weight loss, and abdominal swelling
- Pericardial Mesothelioma (Mesothelioma in the heart): Pericardial mesothelioma accounts for only about 1% - 6% of all Mesothelioma cases. Symptoms of Pericardial Mesothelioma include heart palpitations or irregular heartbeat, difficulty breathing even when at rest, and chest pains.
2. The Injured Plaintiff in an Asbestos Lawsuit Can Recover Compensatory Damages
A plaintiff in an Asbestos Lawsuit can recover compensation for past and future medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life. They may also seek punitive damages in order to punish the defendant’s reckless conduct, as well as an injunction to prevent similar injuries from occurring to others.
3. Several Products in the United States Contain Asbestos
Many industries in the United States have made use of Asbestos-containing products. These products include the following:
- Cement pipe
- Corrugated paper
- Flooring felt
- Heat insulation and fire proofing
- Brake blocks
- Roof coatings
- Thermal System Insulation (TSI)
If you have developed health problems due to asbestos exposure, you should consult with a qualified mesothelioma attorney to determine your legal rights.
Click to learn more about asbestos and its dangers.
Hope this information was helpful.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday