Criminal Law is a “hot topic” at LawInfo.com. I wanted to share some useful information about Miranda rights with the readers of this blog.
What Are Miranda Rights?
Miranda rights are also known as Miranda warnings. Under the 5th amendment, once a person is in custody, he must be read his Miranda rights prior to interrogation. If Miranda warnings are necessary and the police fail to issue it, the evidence obtained in violation of Miranda will be inadmissible in court.
What Rights Are Included Under Miranda Rights?
- The right to remain silent
- The right against self incrimination
- The right to an attorney during interrogation
- The right to an attorney in court
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Miranda Rights
LawInfo.com offers answers to a list of frequently asked questions about Miranda Rights, such as:
- What Is A Miranda Warning?
- Must A Police Officer Always Advise A Person Of Their Miranda Rights Before Asking A Question?
- Is Invoking My Right To Remain Silent The Same Thing As Asking For An Attorney?
- If I Am In Custody, How Do I Assert My Right To Remain Silent?
- What Do My Miranda Rights Protect Against During A Police Investigation?
- Do The Police Have To Wait Until I Have An Attorney Present Before They Question Me?
- If I Am Not Under Arrest, Do I Have To Answer A Police Officer's Questions?
- Can I Waive My Miranda Rights?
- But The Police Officer Said That If I Talked, He Would Help Me Out.
The Role of a Criminal Law Attorney:
A Criminal Law attorney can help you with the following:
- Challenge your arrest
- Reduce your bail
- Explain any possible defense you may raise in your case
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of your case
- Determine whether any of your rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution have been violated
Click to speak to a qualified Criminal Law attorney today!
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws