I have some bad news for all you tea lovers out there! Wilton Industries has recalled approximately 716,000 Chefmate 2-Quart Tea Kettles in the United States and 1,400 in Canada. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, “Steam can travel up the handle, or water can spill from the spout, posing a burn hazard to the consumer.” Furthermore, “If water completely evaporates from the kettle, the aluminum bottom can melt onto the stove and pose a burn hazard.”
Tea Kettle Recall Product Information:
- Manufacturer: PT Maspion and Shanghai Xiang Mao Stainless Steel
- Importer: Wilton Industries Inc., Woodridge, Ill.
- Recalled Units: About 716,000 in the United States and 1,400 in Canada
- Places Sold: Exclusively at Target stores nationwide and online at Target.com.
- Dates Sold: From January 2006 through May 2013
- Price of Product: About $9
Click to view pictures of the recalled Tea Kettles.
Incidents/Injuries To Date:
- To date, there have been 13 reports of incidents. These include the following:
- 5 reports of steam traveling up the handle
- 3 reports of hot water spilling from the spout
- 1 report of a hot handle
- To date, there have been 4 reports of the tea kettle base melting onto the stove burner.
- There have been no reported injuries to date.
If you or a loved one has purchased the recalled tea kettle, it is important to stop using it immediately. Furthermore, if you return the tea kettle to any Target store, or contact Wilton Industries, you may receive a full refund.
For information on the tea kettle recall, consumers can contact Wilton Industries toll-free at (866) 255-9237 or online at http://www.wilton.com/. You may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of these recalled tea kettles, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws