If you have been following this blog, you know that Fridays are dedicated to “Weird Laws.” I’ve been writing about weird laws for a few months now and you would think that I would run out of weird laws to dissect and discuss by this point. Surprisingly, that is definitely not the case. Luckily, the Internet seems to have an unlimited supply of weird laws for me to share with all of you. This week, I thought it would be fun to share a few random weird laws from across the United States. Hope you find these laws as weird as I do!
- Arizona: In Sedona, Arizona, it is illegal to lie about your astrological sign. I would never be guilty of breaking this law. Why would a Leo ever lie about their astrological sign?
- Kentucky: It is illegal to carry ice cream cones in your pocket. Ummm…. Ok?
- Pennsylvania: It is illegal to tie a dollar bill on a string and pull it away when someone tries to pick it up off the ground. That’s kind of funny, right? Have any of you tried that before?
- Florida: It is illegal to fart in a public place after 6 P.M. on Thursdays. Why 6 P.M.? And why Thursdays? Anyone have any idea?
- Massachusetts: It is illegal to go to bed without first taking a bath. What’s even more interesting about this law is that Massachusetts has another law that prohibits taking baths on Sundays. So that leaves Monday through Saturday available for taking baths in Massachusetts.
- Indiana: It is illegal to dress ‘Barbie’ in ‘Ken’s’ clothes. I cannot even begin to count the number of times I’ve violated this law when I was a little girl. Are any of you as guilty as me?
I don’t know how true these laws are, but they sure are fun to read!
What do you think about these weird laws? Are there any laws that you find weird or funny or dumb?
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws