U.S. Government Investigating 400,000 Ford F-150’s Due to Problems With Its EcoBoost V-6 Engine:
The following blog is directed to the owners of the Ford F-150. Ford’s F-150 has been under some heat lately because its EcoBoost V-6 engine has allegedly been losing power during acceleration. Several owners have filed lawsuits against Ford claiming, “the EcoBoost engine loses power while accelerating and is therefore defective.” The U.S. government is in the process of investigating these occurrences during a preliminary evaluation.
Model Year: Made from 2011 to 2013
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: F-150
Number of Units Being Investigated: 400,000
Problem: EcoBoost engine loses power while accelerating
What Is Ford’s EcoBoost Engine?
- Ford’s EcoBoost engine “relies on turbochargers and advanced fuel injection to achieve torque and power numbers that are closer to engines with a bigger displacement.”
- Ford F-150’s EcoBoost V-6 engine is rated at 365 horsepower.
- According to Automotive.com, “Ford designed the EcoBoost to achieve similar power to that of a 6.0-liter or bigger engine while still keeping fuel economy figures high.”
Injuries to Date:
- To date, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has received 95 reports of the EcoBoost engine failing
- To date, there have been no reports of accidents or injuries relating to this issue
According to NY Times, “The safety agency said Ford had sent three technical service bulletins to dealers telling them how to cope with intermittent/stumble misfire on acceleration in humid or damp conditions.”
What to Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Harmed by a Defective Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of these Ford F-150 vehicles, you may be entitled to compensation.
Here at LawInfo.com, we have experienced attorneys specializing in products liability cases to help you if you have been injured by a defective product.
Most of the attorneys at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to speak to a products liability attorney to discuss your potential legal claims.
If you are the owner of a 2011 or later Ford F-150 equipped with an EcoBoost V-6 engine contact an attorney today!
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws