Microwave Popcorn Makers
Popcorn lovers look out! About 54,700 Microwave Popcorn Maker’s have recently been recalled due to burn and fire hazard. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, “When cooked too long, the popcorn can overheat in this popcorn maker and ignite.”
- Product Name: Microwave Popcorn Makers
- Importing Company: Avon Products, Inc., of New York, N.Y.
- Manufacturer: Okay Enterprise Co., Ltd., of Kunshan City, Taiwan
- Manufactured In: Taiwan
- Units of Recalled Microwave Popcorn Makers: About 54,700
- Places Sold: Through independent Avon sales representatives. They were also sold online at www.avon.com.
- Dates Sold: October 2012 through February 2013
- Price of Product: About $13
Click to view pictures of the recalled Microwave Popcorn Makers.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, Avon has received 20 reports of the popcorn makers overheating
- To date, Avon has received two reports involving fires that resulted in damage to microwave ovens
- No injuries have been reported to date
If you or a loved one has purchased the recalled Microwave Popcorn Makers, you should stop using the popcorn maker immediately. Furthermore, you should “contact Avon to receive a copy of the updated instructions on how to safely use the microwave popcorn maker.” According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, “the new instructions can also be obtained from independent Avon representatives and on Avon’s website under the Product Recall section.”
For additional information on the recall, consumers may also contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772. You may also contact Avon Products at (800) 367-2866.
What to Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Harmed by a Recalled Product?
If your child has become injured as a result of one of these recalled Avon Microwave Popcorn Makers, you may be entitled to compensation. Potential damages may include things such as medical bills, property damage, awards for pain and suffering.
Here at LawInfo.com, we have experienced attorneys specializing in products liability cases to help you if you have been injured by a defective product.
Most of the attorneys at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to speak to a products liability attorney to discuss your potential legal claims.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws