Optimus Tower Quartz Portable Heaters
Family Dollar Stores issued a recall of about 19,640 units of Optimus Tower Quartz Portable Heaters. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, these heaters “can overheat posing a fire hazard.”
- Product Name: Optimus Tower Quartz Heaters
- Importer: Family Dollar Services Inc., of Matthews, N.C.
- Units: About 19,640
- Product Dimensions: 10 inches wide, 25 inches tall and 9 inches deep. T
- Places Sold: Sold exclusively at Family Dollar Stores
- Dates Sold: From September 2012 through December 2012
- Price of Product: About $35
Click to view pictures of the recalled portable heaters.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there have been 10 reports of the product overheating. Of these 10 reports, some of them included the temperature knobs melting.
- To date, there have been no reports of injury, fire or property damage.
If you or a loved one has purchased the portable heaters from any Family Dollar Stores location, you should immediately unplug and stop using the heaters. Furthermore, you should return the heater to any Family Dollar Store for a full refund.
For information on the recall, consumers can contact Family Dollar Stores at (800) 547-0359. Consumers may also contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Harmed by a Recalled Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of one of these recalled heaters, you may be entitled to compensation. Potential damages may include medical bills, property damage, awards for pain and suffering. Here at LawInfo.com, we have experienced attorneys specializing in products liability cases. Most of the attorneys at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to speak to a products liability attorney to discuss your potential legal claims.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws