On April 19, 2013, Natura Pet Products expanded its voluntarily recall of their dry pet food products due to potential Salmonella contamination. The Michigan Department of Agriculture and the Georgia Department of Agriculture confirmed the presence of Salmonella after sampling the dry pet food products. According to the FDA, “The expanded recall now includes all dry pet food products and treats with expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014.”
Affected Product Details:
- Product Name:
- California Natural: All expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014
- EVO: All expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014
- Healthwise: All expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014
- Innova: All expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014
- Karma: All expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2014
- Places Sold:
- Veterinary clinics nationwide and in Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and Costa Rica
- Pet specialty retailers nationwide and in Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, and Costa Rica
Click to see a complete list of the recalled products.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled pet food product should call Natura at 800-224-6123 for information on product replacement or refund.
Click to learn more about Natura Pet Products pet food withdrawal.
Risk of Salmonella to Humans:
- Diarrhea or bloody diarrhea
- Abdominal cramping
If you or a loved one experiences any of these symptoms after having contact with a product with the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, please contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Risk of Salmonella to Pets:
Pets with Salmonella infections may have the following symptoms:
- Diarrhea or bloody diarrhea
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal pain
If your pet displays any of these symptoms after consuming a product with the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured or has sustained property damage as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation.
Click to find a qualified products liability attorney.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws