On March 26, 2013, PT Domusindo Perdana issued a recall of their Drop-Side Cribs because the cribs' drop sides can malfunction or detach. According to the company, when part of the drop side falls out of position it may create a space into which an infant or toddler can roll and become wedged or entrapped. This can lead to strangulation or suffocation.
- Product Name: PT Domusindo Perdana drop-side cribs
- Manufacturer: PT Domusindo Perdana, of Indonesia
- Importer: JC Penney Corp., of Plano, Texas
- Units: About 73,000
- Recalled Models: 14 models of the PT wooden drop-side cribs have been recalled. Click to see a complete list of the recalled cribs, including the model numbers and description.
- Price: Between $200 and $400.
- Dates Sold: From January 1998 through December 2008
- Places Sold:
- JCPenney catalog
Click to see a picture of the recalled drop-side cribs.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there have been three incidents involving drop side rails that malfunctioned or detached that the CPSC and the firm are aware of.
- To date, there have been no reports of injuries.
Free Immobilizer Kits:
If you or a loved one has purchased the recalled drop-side cribs, you should immediately stop using the recalled cribs. You should then contact customer service at Modus Furniture International to get a free immobilizer kit that will immobilize the drop side.
For information on the recall, consumers may contact Modus Furniture International at (800) 827-2129. Consumers may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product:
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of these recalled cribs, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws