3M Room Air Purifier:
3M issued a recall of the Filtrete Room Air Purifier because they pose a fire hazard. According to the company, “The ion generator in the air purifiers can overheat, posing a fire hazard.”
- Product Name: Filtrete™ room air purifiers
- Importer: 3M Company, of St. Paul, Minn.
- Units: About 10,000
- Recalled Models:
- Ultra Quiet (number FAP00-RS)- sold from November 2008 through January 2013
- Maximum Allergen (number FAP00-L)- sold from October 2012 through January 2013
- Price: About $60
- Places Sold:
- Ultra Quiet at Ace Hardware
- Do It Best
- Fred Meyer
- Handy Hardware Wholesale
- Orchard Supply
- Orgill Bros.
- Rite Aid
- Theisen Farm & Home
- True Value
- Online at Amazon.com and others
- Lowe's (Maximum Allergen)
Click to see a picture of the recalled Filtrete™ room air purifiers.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there has been one incident report of the air purifier overheating.
- To date, there has been one incident report of an internal room air purifier filter catching fire.
- To date, there have been no reports of personal injuries or property damage.
Replacement Air Purifier:
If you or a loved one has purchased the recalled 3M Air Purifiers, you should immediately unplug the air purifier. You should then contact 3M to receive a prepaid shipping box to return the product for a free replacement.
For information on the recall, consumers may contact 3M Company at (800) 388-3458. Consumers may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of these recalled Air Purifiers, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws