LED Light Bulbs:
Citizen Electronics and Lighting Science Group issued a recall of the LED Light Bulb because the bulbs pose a fire hazard. According to the company, “the bulbs can overheat during use.” This may cause serious injuries.
- Product Name: LED Light Bulbs
- Importer: Lighting Science Group Corporation, of Satellite Beach, Fla.
- Manufacturer: Citizen Electronics and Lighting Science Group
- Units: About 554,000
- Places Sold: Hardware, lighting and electrical supply stores
- Product Description: 120-volt LED bulbs, sold as 6- 8- and 9-watt bulbs marketed under the brand names Definity, EcoSmart, Sylvania and Westinghouse
Click to see the date cods of the recalled LED Lights Bulbs.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, 68 incidents of product failures have been reported.
- The incidents include damage to light sockets, melted fixtures, burned rugs/carpet/ floors, damage to a circuit and to a lamp.
- To date, there have been no reports of personal injuries.
If you or a loved one has purchased the recalled LED light bulbs, you should immediately remove the bulbs from sockets and lamps. You should then contact Light Science Group for replacement bulbs.
For information on the recall, consumers may contact Lighting Science Group at (855) 574-2533. Consumers may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of these recalled LED light bulbs, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws