“Tax day” is just around the corner, which means many people are rushing to get to their accountants office and some are even

Deadlines for filing tax returns with the IRS:filing their tax returns on their own.  For those of you who avoid filing your taxes until the last minute, I have decided to provide you with some helpful information to help get you through the dreadful process!

  • Corporate tax return Deadline: March 15, 2013

Corporations must file the following forms: 1120, 1120A, and 1120S.  They may also request an automatic six-month extension by filing Form 7004.

  • Individual tax return Deadline: April 15, 2013

Individuals must file their 2012 federal tax return by midnight on April 15, 2013.  If you fail to file your tax return, you will be charged an additional 5 percent each month you're late, plus interest.

Individuals must file the following forms: 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ. They may also request an automatic six-month extension by filing Form 4868.

  • Non-profit organization tax return Deadline: May 15, 2013

Non-profit organizations must file their information returns by May 15, 2013.

Non-profit organizations must file the following form: Form 990.  They may also request an extension by filing Form 8868.

What to Do if You Are Unable to Make Payments to the IRS?

If you are unable to make the required payments to the IRS, make sure to let them know. They will provide you with many payment options, such as putting you on a payment plan.  You can contact the IRS by calling them at 800-829-1040.

tax attorney will advise you on how tax laws apply to your individual financial situation. If you end up in the Appeals Division of the IRS, the United States Tax Court or any state tax courts, you should consult with a tax litigation attorney to assist you with your legal needs.Consult With a Tax Attorney:

Click to speak to a qualified tax attorney today.