Residential Gas Wall Ovens
BlueStar is voluntarily recalling three models of their gas-powered stainless steel wall ovens because some of the wall ovens pose a fire hazard. According to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), “some of the ovens have been improperly installed and/or have damaged flexible gas appliance connectors, posing a fire hazard.”
Below is more information about the recalled BlueStar residential gas wall ovens.
- Product Name: BlueStar™ residential gas wall ovens
- Manufacturer: Prizer Painter Stove Works Inc., of Reading, Pa.
- Manufactured In: United States
- Units: About 940
- Places Sold: Appliance stores and authorized kitchen equipment dealers nationwide
- Dates Sold: Between January 2008 through November 2012
- Price of Product: Between $2,250 and $3,900
- Reason for Recall: “Some of the wall ovens have been improperly installed and/or have damaged flexible gas appliance connectors, posing a fire hazard.”
For pictures of the recalled Wall Ovens, click here.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there has been 1 report of a fire which resulted in property damage to the cabinet that held the oven
- There have been no reports of injuries
If you or a loved one has purchased the recalled wall ovens, it is important to stop using the product immediately. Furthermore, you should contact BlueStar for instructions on scheduling a repair.
For additional information about the recall, consumers may contact BlueStar at (800) 449-8691 or online at www.bluestarcooking.com and click on “Recall” for more information. You may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if a Recalled Product Has Affected You:
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability. Most of the attorneys here at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations. It would be advantageous to at least discuss your case with an attorney to get some feedback.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday