For those of you who aren’t familiar with toilet papering or TP’ing a house, it is the act of covering another person’s personal property, such as their home or car, with toilet paper.  Some states consider TP’ing a form of vandalism, while other do not. Toilet papering is usually committed by youngsters who are being mischievous.  However, I recently read an article about a Texas mom named Tara Mauney who allegedly helped middle school girls toilet paper their neighbor's home.

According to the source, Tara Mauney will face a criminal mischief case for aiding the girls with the following:

  • Covering the neighbors home in toilet paper
  • Covering the neighbors home with mustard and peanut butter
  • Causing damages worth $6,000 to the neighbors home

What is Criminal Mischief?

The crime of criminal mischief requires the destruction, damage, or defacement to the property of another.  Some types of criminal mischief include vandalism or defacement of property.

What to Do if Your Property Has Been Damaged Due To Another’s Mischief?

Criminal mischief is considered a misdemeanor in some states.   If you have experienced damage or destruction to your property as a result of another’s mischief, it would be best to speak to a criminal law attorney.  You can find experienced attorneys by searching under practice area within your state.