Bugaboo is voluntarily recalling Cameleon and Bugaboo Donkey Model Strollers because they pose a fall and choking hazard to young children. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, “a button on the stroller's carrycot/seat carry handle can become disengaged and cause the handle to detach."
- Product Name: Bugaboo Cameleon and Bugaboo Donkey Model Strollers
- Manufacturing Company: Bugaboo International B.V., of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Importer: Bugaboo Americas, of El Segundo, Calif.
- Units: About 46,300 in the U.S. and 4,440 in Canada
- Places Sold:
- Buy Buy Baby
- Neiman Marcus
- Toys R Us
- Other baby product stores nationwide
- Bugaboo.com and other online retailers
- Bugaboo Cameleon:
- Dates Sold: Between September 2009 and June 2012
- Price of Product: About $980
- Bugaboo Donkey:
- Dates Sold: Between January 2011 through December 2012
- Price of Product: Between $1,200 and $1,600
For the serial numbers of the recalled strollers, click here.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there have been 58 reports of carry handles detaching
- There have been no reports of injuries
If you or a loved one has purchased any of the aforementioned strollers, it is important to remove the carry handle from the strollers immediately. Furthermore, you should contact Bugaboo for a free replacement handle.
For information on the recall, consumers can contact Bugaboo International at (800) 460-2922 or online at www.bugaboo.com. You may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product:
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of these strollers, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability today.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws