Children cannot protect themselves and it is our duty to make sure they aren’t exposed to unsafe products with defects. Therefore, it is important for us to be aware of current product recalls that may potentially harm children. Being informed may save a child’s life. The following recall is for the inspection of the Fisher-Price Rock N' Play infant recliner seat, due to the possibility of mold exposure.
- Importer: Fisher-Price Inc., of East Aurora, N.Y
- Product Name: Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper™
- Units: About 800,000 units
- Dates Product Sold: Since September 2009 at mass merchandise stores nationwide and online
- Price: Between $50 and $85
- Reason for Recall: Mold developing between the removable seat cushion and the hard plastic frame of the sleeper
- Dangers of Mold: Respiratory illnesses and other infections
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there have been 600 reports of mold on the sleeper
- 16 reports of infants being treated for respiratory issues, coughs and hives after sleeping in the sleeper
The Newborn Rock 'n Play Sleeper products that are currently in retail stores are not affected by this recall. Only products that show signs of mold after use by consumers are included in this recall. If you find mold on the sleeper, stop using the product immediately.
For more information on the recall or for additional cleaning instructions, call Fisher-Price at (800) 432-5437 or visit their website.
What to Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Affected by a Recalled Product
If your child has become injured as a result of a recalled product, they may be entitled to compensation. Here at LawInfo.com, we have experienced attorneys specializing in products liability cases to help you if your child has been injured by a defective product or toy. Most of the attorneys at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to speak to an attorney to discuss your potential legal claims.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws