Delifish S.A. Cold Smoked Salmon
On December 28, 2012 Delifish S.A. issued a voluntary recall of their cold smoked salmon products due to the possibility that the product may contain Listeria monocytogenes. According to the FDA, Listeria monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Short-Term Symptoms Associated with Listeria Monocytogenes:
- High fever
- Severe headache
- Abdominal pain
- Listeria infection can cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women
Recalled Product Information:
- Recalling Firm: Delifish S.A.
- Recall Date: December 28, 2012
- Manufactured Dates: Between September 5 2012 and October 17, 2012
- Lot Numbers: 249 through 291
- Places of Distribution: CA, VA, OH, IL, FL, GA, TX, DE, NJ, NY, PA, and Puerto Rico through retail stores
- Brand Names:
- Black Bear of the Black Forest Smoked Salmon (1 lb., UPC # 810230000493, Lots: 249 thru 291)
- Food Service Cold Smoked Salmon Trim 1 lb. Lots: 249 thru 291
- Einstein Darn Good 4 oz Retail package UPC # 099892315200, Lots: 249 thru 291
- Food Service Whole Smoked Side 3-5 lb. pack food service Lots: 249 thru 291
- Silver Source Smoked Salmon Foodservice 2-3 lb. smoked fillet Lots: 249 thru 291
- Royal Fjord Smoked Toppers 6oz, UPC = 810230000561, Lots: 249 thru 291
- Royal Fjord Sliced Smoked Salmon Loin, 12-14 oz. Item # 42925 Lots: 249 thru 291
- HEB 4 oz. smoked salmon Package UPC 041220630417 Lots: 249 thru 291
For a list of all the recalled products, visit the FDA recall page.
Illnesses To Date:
To date, there have been no reported illnesses associated with this product. According to the FDA, this recall is being conducted as a precautionary measure.
For information on the recall and product return for a full refund, consumers can contact Delifish S.A. at 1-877-479-8085.
What to Do if You Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability. Most of the attorneys here at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to at least talk to an attorney about your case and get some feedback.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws