Here are some of the more interesting facts related to the 2012 London Olympics:
- Cyclist encourages discussion regarding requiring helmets and prohibiting use of ipods and phones during riding.
- Concessions to Muslim athletes from Saudi Arabia raise concerns regarding precedent and whether the concessions would meet strict Islamic requirements.
- Feminists are arrested after they protest topless outside the games in response to the accommodations for Sharia, which they claim oppress women.
- Under U.S. tax law, the athletes must add the value of their Olympic medals and prizes to their taxable income, and are taxed at a rate of 35 percent by the IRS. Some support eliminating this tax.
- Lastly, some interesting information regarding predictions of the application of "universal laws" to Olympic performances.
I will keep my eye out for any other interesting laws applicable to the Olympics, the interplay of sports and the law is quite interesting. What do you think?
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws