The following food items were recently recalled. Please click on the links for additional information about the products, including how to arrange for a refund of purchase price. As a general matter, any food products that are subject to a recall should not be consumed. If you suspect that an item you have, whether a food product or consumer product might be subject to a recall, you should contact the store of purchase or manufacturer for additional information. The CDC's genera rule regarding food safety is, "when in doubt, throw it out."
While meant to be informative, please keep in mind that this list is not exhaustive. Items are listed according to reason for the recall.
Recalled For Undeclared Ingredients
- Harry and David announced the recall of its Premium Kansas City Style Barbeque almonds due to undeclared peanuts.
- Kroger, Winn Dixie, Food Lion, Bottom Dollar Food announced the recall of Mission Taco Dinner Kits due to undeclared milk ingredients. The products were sold in at least 28 states.
- Full Circle Concierge Snack Nut Blend due to undeclared soy and milk.
- Mastiha Shop announced the recall of various pasta, pies, eggplant and garlic spreads due to undeclared eggs, milk, wheat, and/or nuts. The company MEDITERRA S.A. has printed corrected labels which now reflect present allergens.
- Fisher announced the recall of its Vanilla Bean & Cocoa Mocha Almonds due to undeclared soy ingredients.
Recalled For Salmonella
- Dole Fresh Vegetables announced the recall of 756 cases of its Seven Lettuces Salad, which was distributed in 15 different states. The recall is based upon a positive test for salmonella found during the course of routine testing.
- Moon Marine (MMI) announced the recall of 58,828 lbs of its frozen raw Yellowfin Tuna called Nakaochi Scrape AA or AAA. The tuna is believed to be associated with 116 individuals in 20 states becoming ill from Salmonella Bareilly. The manufacturer encourages consumers to verify that any Nakaochi scrape, such as in "spicy tuna" sushi, is not from this lot, which may not be apparent if it has come from a larger shipment.
Recalled For Botulism
- Pacific Isles announced the recall of its Dried Mackerel & Dried Round Scad, because it may contain uneviscerated fish that may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum spores.
- Import Foods Wholesale, Inc. announced the recall of its Smoked Croaker, Smoked Barracuda, Smoked Big Eye, Smoked Red Snapper, because it may contain uneviscerated fish that may be contaminated with Clostridium botulinum spores.
What to to if You or a Loved One Has Been Affected by a Recalled Product
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws