The following food products have recently been recalled. Please follow the links to learn more information about the recalls, including detailed information about the products, including how to arrange for a refund. As a general matter, once a product has been recalled, consumers should stop using them and contact the store of purchase or manufacturer for refund/exchange information:
- El Ranchero, Los Corrales brand cheeses were recalled due to potential contamination with Lysteria Monocytogenes. Affected cheeses include: El Ranchero Queso Fresco 14 oz. (Fresh Cheese), Los Corrales Queso Fresco en Hoja De Platano 14 oz. (Fresh Cheese In Banana Leaf), El Ranchero Queso Oaxaca 14 oz. and 10 lb. (String Cheese)
- Backroad Country Caramel Puffcorn was recalled due to an undeclared milk allergen. Affected products include the 8 oz and 16 oz bags with certain expiration dates. So far, no illnesses have been reported.
- Publix Beef Stew Mix was recalled due to undeclared milk
- Franck's Brilliant Blue was recalled at the pharmacy level, due to a potential fungal contamination
- Gerber Good Start Gentle powdered infant formula was recalled due to an "off-odor." The affected batch includes 23.2 ounce plastic packages from batch GXP1684 expiration date of March 5, 2013. The product poses no health or safety risks.
- Nutrena NatureWise goat pellets were recalled, due to an error in the label, which did not include the ingredient "Decoquinate"
What to do if you Have Been Affected by a Recalled Product
If you or a loved one has become sick or otherwise harmed as a result of one of the recalled products listed above, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses or other costs incurred as a result. If you feel you have been affected by a recalled product, you should contact an experienced products liability attorney, to pursue your potential claim.
In addition to finding out more about LawInfo’s products liability and defective products resources, you can also find information on this blog regarding other recently recalled products by clicking on the recall or dangerous/defective product category tabs.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws