The following consumer goods have been recalled recently. Please click on the links below for additional information. As a general measure, consumers should stop using any items subject to a recall, and contact either the store of purchase or the manufacturer for instructions regarding how to return or exchange the product.
- Britax is recalling 14, 220 of its Chaperone Infant Carseats due to a defect in the harness adjuster. So far no injuries have been reported.
- California Innovations, Inc. is recalling 248,000 of its expandable lunch boxes, due to a defect in the freezer gel packs which can cause them to leak, creating a hazard of ingesting toxic chemicals. There have been reports of two dogs chewing on the packs, one of which died.
- Kaz USA, distributing for Honeywell, is recalling 19,000 of its Surround Select Portable Electric Heaters because the heater’s internal housing can detach posing a potential burn hazard to consumers. Injury information is not available at this time.
- Big Lots is recalling 43,700 of its Five-Light Floor lamps, because the wiring for the lamp’s light sockets can become exposed, posing a risk of electric shock to consumers. Additionally, use of the recommended standard 40 watt light bulbs can generate excessive heat, which can potentially cause the shades to melt. There have been 4 reports of melting lampshades, but no reports of injury thus far.
- Chariot Carriers is recalling some 44,000 bicycle trailers and 70,000 bicycle trailer conversion kits, because the bicycle trailer’s hitch mechanisms can crack and break, causing the trailer to detach from the bicycle, posing risk of injury to any children passengers within the trailer.
What to do if you Have Become Sick or Injured by a Recalled Product
If you or a loved one has become injured or suffered property damage as a result of one of the recalled products listed above, or from a different dangerous or defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, or costs incurred as a result of property damage. If you feel you have been affected by a recalled product, you should contact an experienced products liability attorney, to pursue your potential claim.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
GM Ignition Switch
Stryker Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous or defective products divorce DUI dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall strange laws weird laws