On April 22, 2014, Troy-Bilt and Remington issued recalls of thousands of electric leaf blowers. According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, “The blower’s impeller can break and strike the operator during use, posing a laceration hazard.”
Recalled Electric Leaf Blower Information
- Product Name:
- Troy-Bilt electric leaf blowers
- Remington electric leaf blowers
- Importer: MTD Southwest Inc., of Tempe, Ariz.
- Manufacturer: KingClean Electric Co., Ltd., of China
- Manufactured in: China
- Troy-Bilt recalled about 134,000 units of electric leaf blowers
- Remington recalled about 24,000 units of its electric leaf blowers
- Places Sold:
- The Troy-Bilt electric leaf blowers were sold at Lowe’s stores nationwide and online at www.troybilt.com
- The Remington electric leaf blowers were sold at various retailers nationwide and online at mtdproducts.com
- Dates Sold:
- The Troy-Bilt electric leaf blowers were sold from May 2011 through November 2013
- The Remington electric leaf blowers were sold from May 2011 through December 2013
- Price of Product:
- Troy-Bilt electric leaf blowers: About $34
- Remington electric leaf blowers: Between $30 and $40
Injuries and Incidents To Date
- Troy-Bilt electric leaf blowers: MTD has received 17 reports of incidents. According to the CPSC, these incidents include 12 injuries that resulted in lacerations requiring stitches, cuts and bruises.
- Remington electric leaf blowers: MTD has reported one incident that resulted in cuts and bruises.
Free Replacement Blowers
If you have purchased the recalled electric leaf blowers, you should immediately stop using them. Customers who purchased the Troy-Bilt electric leaf blowers from Lowe’s should return them to Lowe’s for a free replacement. Customers who bought the leaf blowers online at www.troybilt.com should contact Troy-Bilt for a free replacement. On the other hand, customers who purchased the Remington electric leaf blowers should contact Remington for a free replacement.
For additional information on the recall, consumers can contact Troy-Bilt toll-free at (888) 848-6038 or Remington toll-free at (888) 848-6038. Consumers may also contact the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) Hotline by calling (800) 638-2772.
If you have become injured as a result of any of these recalled electric leaf blowers, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Possible damages may include medical bills, property damage, and awards for pain and suffering. Most of the attorneys at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to speak to an experienced products liability attorney to discuss your potential legal claim.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday