If you are facing family law issues including but not limited to divorce, alimony, spousal support, visitation rights, and child support, an experienced family law attorney can guide you through the overwhelming process.
Some of the ways an experienced family law attorney can assist you include:
- Help you protect your rights and assets
- Resolve your family law issues without the court's participation
- Negotiate with your spouse or your spouse’s attorney
- Advocate for your rights in court
- Advise you how your property will likely be divided
- Prepare and file your paperwork
- Explain the family law rules in your state
- Explain your rights to spousal support
- Determine whether to settle your case or go to trial depending on the set of facts of your case
- Help file a petition in the county you reside in to start your divorce process
Areas of Law Handled by Family Law Attorneys:
Family law attorneys handle a wide variety of cases including the following:
- Spousal support
- Child support
- Child Abuse
- Restraining orders
6 Questions You Should Ask a Family Law Attorney Before Hiring Them:
- Are you experienced in Family Law?
- Do you work on a Retainer?
- How long will the process take?
- Have you had any cases similar to mine?
- What’s the difference between an uncontested divorce and a contested divorce?
- Can I complete any tasks on my own to keep my costs down?
Click to read more about the 6 questions to ask your family law attorney before hiring them.
Click to speak to a qualified family law attorney near you.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday