I wanted to inform the readers of this blog that the Salmonella outbreak has affected certain lots of dry pet food products.
Natura Pet Products Recall Due to Salmonella Contamination
On June 18, 2013, Natura Pet Products issued a voluntarily recall of certain lots of their dry pet foods due to potential Salmonella contamination. According to the FDA, “during routine FDA testing, a single lot tested positive for the presence of Salmonella.” In their recall announcement, the FDA noted, “no canned wet food is affected by this announcement.”
Affected Product Details:
- Product Name:
- Innova Dry dog and cat food and biscuits/bars/treats (All expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014)
- EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food and biscuits/bars/treats (All expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014)
- California Natural dry dog and cat foods and biscuits/bars/treats (All expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014)
- Healthwise dry dog and cat foods (All expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014)
- Karma dry dog foods (All expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014)
- Mother Nature biscuits/bars/treats (All expiration dates prior to 6-10-2014)
- Places Sold:
- Veterinary clinics in the United States and Canada
- Select pet specialty retailers in the United States and Canada
Click to see a complete list of the recalled dry pet foods.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled pet food product should call Natura at 800-224-6123 for information on product replacement or refund.
Click to learn more about the Natura Pet Food Recall.
Risk of Salmonella to Humans:
- Diarrhea or bloody diarrhea
- Abdominal cramping
If you or a loved one experiences any of these symptoms after having contact with a product with the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, please contact your healthcare provider immediately.
Risk of Salmonella to Pets:
Pets with Salmonella infections may have the following symptoms:
- Diarrhea or bloody diarrhea
- Decreased appetite
- Abdominal pain
If your pet displays any of these symptoms after consuming a product with the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella, please contact your veterinarian immediately.
What Should I Do if I Have Been Injured by a Recalled Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured or has sustained property damage as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation.
Click to find a qualified products liability attorney.
You May Also Like...
Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics account details (username and password).
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Trending Searchesconstitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous-products dangerous or defective products dumb laws estate planning Family Law FAQ fda first-amendment food poisoning Personal Injury - Plaintiff product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall salmonella strange laws weird laws