A parent's worst fear is to see their child harmed or in harm's way. This includes the kidnapping of a child. Thousands of children are kidnapped each year. Unfortunately, kidnappings are not always preventable.
According to MSN.com, four families have been the victims of kidnappings or attempted kidnappings in Seattle. What makes this story even more concerning is that these kidnappings occurred within a five day span.
Some Information About Kidnappings According to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children:
According to MSN.com, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children conducted a study that showed the following about kidnapping cases:
- Perpetrators try to entice kids with candy and money
- Perpetrators try to entice kids by asking them to help him or her look for their puppy
- “In 17 percent of attempted kidnapping cases, parents or other guardians were monitoring the children”
- "Anytime a child is alone they are at risk"
- “Most kidnapping suspects are male”
- For incidents in which suspects were arrested, 15 percent of them were registered sex offenders
- Kidnappings increase during spring and summer
What Is Kidnapping?
Kidnapping is the intentional transportation or movement of a victim with the threat or use of force, or deception.
Click to speak to a qualified Kidnapping attorney today.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday