Personal and monetary injuries sustained due to faulty medical devices tend to be a “hot topic” here at LawInfo.com. Therefore, I like to stay up to date with medical device recalls. You can find a list of our “Hot Topics” directly on our homepage at LawInfo.com.
Sterile Product Recall
On May 28, 2013, Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC issued a voluntary recall of all lots of all sterile products compounded by the pharmacy. According to the FDA, “The recall is being initiated due to seven (7) reported cases of adverse events in the form of skin abscesses, one of which appears to be fungal in nature.”
Infected sterile products may cause serious infections to patients who use the product. Therefore, Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC has initiated this recall to determine the exact source of the adverse events.
Recalled Product Information:
- Recalling Firm: Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC
- Product Names: Click to see a list of all the recalled sterile compounded products. These include all injectables with the Main Street Family Pharmacy name.
- “Use By” Date: On or before November 20, 2013
- Recall Date: May 28, 2013
- Places of Distribution: The recalled sterile products were distributed nationwide
- Product Return: Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC will be notifying customers by phone, fax, email, and/or mail to return the products to the pharmacy
Illnesses to Date:
- To date, Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC has only received reports of adverse events in three (3) lots of preservative-free methylprednisolone acetate (MPA).
- According to the FDA, “there have been no additional reports of injury or illness associated with the use of our sterile compounded products.”
Health care professionals and consumers, who have questions regarding this recall may contact Main Street Family Pharmacy, LLC by phone at 731-627-2221 or 888-658-6200. You may report the problem to MedWatch by either mailing in the reporting form, submitting the report online, or by fax to 1-800-FDA-0178.
What to Do if You or a Loved One Has Been Harmed by a Recalled Product?
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability. Most of the attorneys here at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations, so it would be advantageous to at least talk to an attorney about your case and get some feedback.
Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics account details (username and password).
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Trending Searchesconstitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous-products dangerous or defective products dumb laws estate planning Family Law FAQ fda first-amendment food poisoning Personal Injury - Plaintiff product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall salmonella strange laws weird laws