Jerdon Style, LLC is voluntarily recalling about 6,000 units of their one-cup coffee makers because of the possibility of overheating. According to The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), “the coffeemaker can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.”
Below is more information about the recalled One-Cup Coffeemakers.
- Product Name: Jerdon Style model CM12B one-cup coffee makers, with date code 1217
- Importer: Jerdon Style, LLC, of Richardson, TX
- Manufactured In: China
- Units: About 6,000
- Places Sold: Hotel/motel product suppliers and major online retailers
- Dates Sold: Between July 2012 to January 2013
- Price of Product: Between $15 and $26
- Reason for Recall: “The coffeemaker can overheat, posing fire and burn hazards to consumers.”
Click to see pictures of the recalled Coffeemakers.
Injuries To Date:
- To date, there have been four reports of coffee makers overheating
- There have been no reports of injuries
If you have purchased the recalled coffee makers, it is important to stop using and unplug the product immediately. Furthermore, you should contact Jerdon Style for instructions on how to receive a full refund.
For additional information about the recall, consumers may contact Jerdon Style at (800) 223-3571. You may also contact The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission by calling (800) 638-2772.
What to Do if a Recalled Product Has Affected You:
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability. Most of the attorneys here at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations. It would be advantageous to at least discuss your case with an attorney to get some feedback.
Click to find a qualified products liability attorney.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday