Whole Foods Market’s Circle Sea Salmon Lox Trim
On January 30, 2013 Whole Foods Market, Inc. issued a voluntary recall of four items made with Circle Sea Salmon Lox Trim due to the possibility that the product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. According to the FDA, Listeria monocytogenes is an organism, which can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections in young children, frail or elderly people, and others with weakened immune systems.
Short-Term Symptoms Associated with Listeria monocytogenes:
- High fever
- Severe headache
- Abdominal pain
- Listeria infection may cause miscarriages and stillbirths among pregnant women
Recalled Product Information:
- Recalling Firm: Whole Foods Market
- Recall Date: January 30, 2013
- Places of Distribution: Oregon and Washington
- Product Names and PLU Numbers:
- Cold smoked salmon lox trim — PLU 97629
- Bagel Half with Lox Cream Cheese w/Capers – PLU 92811
- Whole Bagel with Lox Cream Cheese with Capers – PLU 98437
- Gravlox Cream Cheese Spread – PLU 95307
- Product Description: Products were sold in clear plastic containers.
For more information regarding the recall, visit the FDA recall page.
Illnesses to Date:
To date, there have been no reported illnesses associated with this product.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled products are entitled to a full refund. To receive a full refund, they are urged to return the recalled product to the place of purchase. For further information regarding the refund, consumers may call the company at (206) 854-9880.
For additional information regarding the Whole Foods Recall, consumers may contact the company at (206) 854-9880.
What to Do if a Recalled Product Has Affected You:
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability. Most of the attorneys here at LawInfo.com offer free initial consultations.
You May Also Like...
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability