For those of you who rely on Monster Energy drinks to get a quick pick me up along with a punch of energy, read carefully.
Last December, a 14-year-old Maryland girl named Anais Fournier died from “cardiac arrhythmia due to caffeine toxicity.” Her mother, Wendy Crossland, has recently filed a lawsuit against Monster Beverages alleging that the cause of her daughter’s death was the consumption of two cans of Monster Energy drinks. Apparently, the 24-ounce can of Monster Energy that the 14-year-old drank contains 240 milligrams of caffeine. This amount of caffeine seems very high, even if consumed by an adult.
Inadequate Warning on Dangerous Products
Wendy Crossland alleges, “Monster failed to warn about the risks associated with its energy drinks.” Failure to warn may be grounds for a products liability lawsuit. You can learn more about warning defects by watching an informational video about inadequate warning labels on dangerous products.
Are Companies Required to Disclose the Caffeine Levels in Their Energy Drinks?
No. According to FDA rules, companies are not required to disclose the caffeine levels in their energy drinks. They may simply market them as energy drinks or as dietary supplements.
Do you think the FDA should require companies to put the caffeine content of its drinks on their cans?
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law dangerous-products dangerous or defective products dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment Personal Injury - Plaintiff product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall salmonella strange laws weird laws