On September 27, 2012, Harry & David, LLC made a voluntary recall of their products containing peanut butter and peanut spreads. On October 4, 2012, Sunland, Inc. voluntarily expanded their recall to include all products manufactured in its peanut butter plant after March 1, 2010. This showed to be problematic for Harry & David because Sunland, Inc. is the producer of the recalled Harry & David peanut butter products. Therefore, on October 8, 2012, Harry & David decided to expand its voluntary recall to include products sold between May 26, 2010 and September 25, 2012 instead of those between May 1, 2012 and September 25, 2012.
Recalled Product Information:
- Manufacturing Company: Sunland, Inc.
- Recalling Firm: Harry & David, LLC
- Product Names and their UPC Numbers:
- Harry & David® Crunchy Almond and Peanut Butter (780994738737)
- Harry & David® Creamy Banana Peanut Spread (780994738713)
- Harry & David® Creamy Caramel Peanut Spread (780994757868)
- Harry & David® Creamy Raspberry Peanut (780994738720)
- Other Food Items Containing the Recalled Peanut Butter Products:
- Harry & David® Apple Snack Box
- Wolferman’s® Bee Sweet Gift Basket
- Wolferman’s® Hearty Snack Gift Basket
- Wolferman’s® All-Day Assortment Gift Basket
- Wolferman’s® Father’s Day Basket
- Note: These products have lot code numbers of 0092M through 2372M or 0092H through 2372H
- Size: 12 ounce
- Container: Jars
- “Best By” Dates: March 1, 2011 through September 24, 2013
- Dates Sold: Between May 26, 2010 and September 25, 2012
- Places Sold:
- Harry & David catalogs and websites
- Wolferman’s catalogs and websites
- Harry & David stores nationwide
Companies Recalling the Peanut Butter:
- Harry & David stores across the nation
Illnesses to Date:
- There have been no reported illnesses to date
Consumers who have purchased the recalled product are urged to dispose of the product or return it to any Harry & David store for a full refund.
Customers with additional questions regarding this recall may contact the Harry & David Customer Service division at (800) 233-1101. For quick answers regarding the recall, you can go directly to the FDA recall page.
What to Do if a Recalled Product Has Affected You
If you or a loved one has become injured as a result of a recalled product, you may be entitled to compensation. It would be beneficial to speak to an attorney specializing in products liability.
You May Also Like...
Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics account details (username and password).
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Trending Searchesconstitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous-products dangerous or defective products dumb laws estate planning Family Law FAQ fda first-amendment food poisoning Personal Injury - Plaintiff product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall salmonella strange laws weird laws