Here are some of the more interesting facts related to the 2012 London Olympics:
- Cyclist encourages discussion regarding requiring helmets and prohibiting use of ipods and phones during riding.
- Concessions to Muslim athletes from Saudi Arabia raise concerns regarding precedent and whether the concessions would meet strict Islamic requirements.
- Feminists are arrested after they protest topless outside the games in response to the accommodations for Sharia, which they claim oppress women.
- Under U.S. tax law, the athletes must add the value of their Olympic medals and prizes to their taxable income, and are taxed at a rate of 35 percent by the IRS. Some support eliminating this tax.
- Lastly, some interesting information regarding predictions of the application of "universal laws" to Olympic performances.
I will keep my eye out for any other interesting laws applicable to the Olympics, the interplay of sports and the law is quite interesting. What do you think?
Popular PostsGoogle Analytics Popular Posts Alert :
Please check/recheck/enter your Google Analytics account details (username and password).
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Trending Searchesconstitutional law Criminal Law - State Felony & Misdemeanor dangerous-products dangerous or defective products dumb laws estate planning Family Law FAQ fda first-amendment food poisoning Personal Injury - Plaintiff product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall salmonella strange laws weird laws