Products that have been approved for sale can later be considered defective or harmful for many reasons. The most common reasons include: 1) Lack adequate warning labels 2) A design flaw that creates a dangerous condition; or 3) They could have been made safer with modest inexpensive improvements.
Some of the more widely marketed and sold products that might affect you or a loved one include:
- Vaginal Mesh-- Vaginal mesh has been found to be incredibly dangerous, particularly when compared with other traditional procedures used to repair pelvic organ prolapse.
- Zimmer Knee Replacement-- due to a high early failure rate, coupled with evidence of potential improper kickbacks to incentivize doctors to use these models.
- DePuy Hip Replacement-- this product is also associated with a high early failure rate, and the potential for painful swelling and other pain.
- Wright Hip Replacement-- these hip replacements have been associated with pain, numbness, infections, joint dislocation, and even fractures.
- Prempro-- this product, used to treat signs of menopause, has been associated with myocardial infarction, stroke, breast cancer, and venous thromboembolism (VTE).
- ReNu-- potential contamination with this contact solution has been linked with Fusarium keratitis, which can cause an infection eventually requiring corneal transplantation surgery.
- Ortho Evra-- the birth control patch is associated with higher risks of blood clots and other serious side effects.
You can read more about additional defective product recalls here, including detailed information about individual defective products, directory listings for defective product attorneys, and links to further information for harmful drugs.
If you or a loved one have been affected by a defective product, you many be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering or medical expenses. Consult an Products Liability Attorney to discuss your claim.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday