The following consumer products have recently been recalled. While meant to be informative, please remember that this list is not exhaustive. If you suspect an item you have has been recalled, or you have experienced problems with your product, you can contact the manufacturer or store where you purchased the item for additional information. You can also find some additional information on the CPSC, FDA and CDC’s websites.
Please click on the links below for more detailed information:
- Bumbleride Indie & Indie Twin Strollers were recently recalled because the front wheel can break, causing the stroller to tip, thus posing a potential fall hazard. So far there have been 36 reported incidents of the front wheel cracking, and two reports of the stroller tipping and resulting in minor injuries.
- Weeplay Kids Carter’s Watch the Wear Bodysuits and Sleep ‘n Play Garments were recently recalled, because the snaps can detach from the clothes, posing a potential choking hazard to infants and young children. While there have been 30 reports of snaps detaching, luckily no injuries have been reported so far.
- Hewlett Packard HP fax 1040 and 1050 machines were recently recalled, because the fax machines can overheat due to an internal electrical component failure, posing fire and burn hazards. So far 7 incidents of machines overheating and catching fire have been reported. One incident resulted in significant property damage, and one incident result in resulted in a minor burn.
- Coleman, Coleman Evcon and Red T Gas Furnaces for Manufactured Homes were recalled (some were recalled previously in 2004), because the furnace can overheat and cause the heat-exchanger to crack, creating openings that allow flames to be exposed. This can cause flame exposure to drywall and other nearby combustibles, posing fire and smoke hazard risks to consumers. There have been 393 reported incidents, some with significant property damage. No injuries have been reported.
- Tassimo Single-Cup Coffee Makers were recently recalled, because the part of the appliance that holds the single serve cup can burst and spray hot water and tea leaves or coffee grounds posing a burn hazard to consumers. According to the CPSC, there have been 140 reports of incidents with the brewers malfunctioning this was, including 37 reports of second-degree burn injuries. One incident involved a 10-year-old girl from Minnesota who received second-degree burns to her face and neck and had to be hospitalized.
- Tassimo espresso T Discs were recently recalled for the same reason as the single-cup coffee makers, namely the part can become clogged, and spray hot liquid and coffee grounds on consumers, posing a burn hazard. There have been 21 reports of this occurring, including four reports of second-degree burn injuries. One injury involved 2-year-old girl from Canada who received second-degree burns to her face.
What to do if you Have Become Sick or Injured by a Recalled Product
If you or a loved one has become injured or incurred property damage as a result of one of the recalled products listed above, or from a different dangerous or defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries, medical expenses, or property damage. If you feel you have been affected by a recalled product, you should contact an experienced products liability attorney, to pursue your potential claim.
Bankruptcy – Business
Bankruptcy – Personal
Criminal Law – Appellate
Criminal Law – Federal
Criminal Law – State Felony & Misdemeanor
Drunk Driving Defense
Dumb or Weird Laws
2012 Meningitis Outbreak
Biomet Hip Replacement
GM Ignition Switch
Gulf Oil Spill
Smith & Nephew Hip Replacement
Stryker Hip Replacement
Wright Hip Replacement
Intellectual Property Law
Labor & Employment Law
Landlord Tenant Law
Personal Injury – Defendant
Personal Injury – Plaintiff
Social Security Disability
Weird Law Friday
Trending Searches#TBT #ThrowbackThursday constitutional law dangerous-products dangerous or defective products divorce dumb laws estate planning Events that Changed History Family Law FAQ first-amendment product-recall products liability random laws recall safety recall salmonella strange laws weird laws